Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The soul is too big to be contained by one life, and so it seeks experience through manifestation of many lives across the vast ages and distance places. Yet, all these individual lives exist at the same "time" in a state of ever-becoming.

The veil that separates these lives is opaque, so one cannot easily see them, yet they are as soft and malleable as the finest silk. Sometimes events from a single life ripple out and shift the veil, allowing many lives to be affected, to be interpreted by their own space and time.

I had occasion, one month past, to find some moments of such distinct peacefulness and calm that I have never known. In a great bustling city, one never expects calm. Yet, I found a brief cessation from all the activity in the birth of a child.

Before I became the man I am now - righteous servant of God, I had a wife and children, who were slain in civil violence in my village. My wife's sister, Alena, escaped this fate by moving with her new husband to this city.

I arrived a few days before the birth of her child, and was shocked to hear the news, and to find this event nearing. I am nervous around children, preferring the quiet language of weapons and armor, and the obedience of my horse, and the screams of unjust men witnessing their judgment.

And yet, I was there for this birth - a new child in this harsh world. I heard the lustful cries of life as he emerged into the world, and later saw his blue eyes stare wisely into my own. He knows more than I do. Such deep blue eyes, filled with trust and acceptance. I lost myself in them a moment, and realized I was not alone in this event.

Across time and location, blue eyes stared into another man's soul, and went out, ending an eleven-year life of comfort and joy, with mercifully only a few days of unpleasantness. A cat named Hattie reconfigured her energy into a new expression, leaving behind those who loved her.

I realized then, the ease of life and death, and how they are the same thing. While now, a month later, I still recall the joy of birth, I know another still feels the tears of loss. And yet, across time, we all walk our paths, and share our place. Nothing is lost. It only changes.

Sometimes, I feel the crush of distance and time between us - how different the world views are, when the veil softly flutters. But I think the passages are easier to see now, and will be thrown open one day. I see Michael has need for the warrior spirit as he fights to slay a land-owner's hold over him. I shall lend my energy.

As always it is time to move on - to other areas. God reminded me this morning that justice is always needed. And so I go. Off to the beyond, where my path leads.

No comments: